Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ups and Downs

This week has been full of emotional ups and downs for us. I was very excited on Monday to go to the doctor and hear the baby's heartbeat again. Jared decided not to come with me this time because they had a deadline at work. I went into the office, weighed myself (I have gained 12 lbs now), and went into the exam room. The doctor asked her questions and then was ready to measure me and hear the heartbeat. However, when she measured my stomach she said I was measuring 29 weeks instead of 32 weeks. The baby's heartbeat was still strong though.

My doctor asked me if I measured small with Cayden and I said no. She asked what his weight and size was when he was born. I asked her what it meant that I was measuring small. She just said that it meant that I had to have another ultra sound to see if it was just me being small or if the baby was small too. She told me the measurement that she does is only a crude measurement but it can alert her if something may be wrong.

I was scheduled for an ultra sound the next day and Jared was able to come with me. Monday and Tuesday, until my appt. was brutal. All Jared and I could think about was the well being of the baby. We went in and got to see our little boy again. All the fluids are good. The fluid surrounding the brain is good. The flow through the umbilical cord is good. The baby is small though. He measures in the 5th percentile for everything for 32 weeks except his thigh bone.

Profile of our little guy. We even saw his hair this time. Jared was a little jealous.

Jared and I felt good when we heard that. But wondered what it meant that his thigh bone was small. It could mean nothing. However, the thigh bone being small is also an indication that the baby could have down syndrome. We opted not to have the genetic blood work done this time at 25 wks. because the outcome won't effect our love for our baby. I haven't heard from my doctor yet. She only works 2 days a week until 12:30 and is almost impossible to catch at the office. We are hoping that no news is good news. My next appt. is on the 16th. So we will update everyone on the baby then. Until then we ask for your prayers.

On another note, Jared is heading to California this week for an install for work. So Cayden and I get to have a mommy/son week. It will be hard for us to not have Jared around but we are thankful that he has the opportunity to work.

We hope everyone has a great week!
~Love To All~

4 comments:

. said...

Glad to hear the baby is healthy. Like you said... the love for the baby will not be effected, but I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Jess said...

Your little guy will be perfect, weather it be in body for his journey through life or perfect in spirit because of his amazing righteousness.

I know that everything will be alright no matter what. I can't imagine wondering, but like you said it doesn't really matter. We opt out of the genetic testing as well because it doesn't even matter. I've never done it with any of my kids. I can't wait to meet him and hear all about everything. It is getting so close. How exciting!!

Have such a great week with little Cayden. Good luck Jared in California. I hope it goes by quickly.

Love you all so much. Our prayers will be with you as well.

Jenny Moore said...

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, I'm sure everything will be alright. He'll be another Linton cutie!!

Unknown said...

Glad that the little guy is healthy! You guys will definitely be in our prayers! Hopefully no news is good news.

Good luck!

Love ya!