Friday, July 31, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
- Almost everyone has a swimming pool in their back yard
- You get out of the shower and dry off but still feel wet
- You walk out the door and sweat instantly
- You need a jacket inside instead of outside because the air conditioner is set to freeze
- You check every body of water you come across hoping to see an alligator
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN GEORGIA WHEN...
- Every other billboard on the interstate is about peaches and nuts
- There is a cop in a speed trap every 10 miles
- There is a Chick-fil-A at every exit
- Chick-fil-A has flowers on the table and brings your food to you
- Every restaurant sells peach milkshakes
- The Hotels in Perry are packed because of the Jr. Rodeo
Chick-fil-A in GA
Yeah, the dang Jr. Rodeo really was in town
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN TENNESSEE WHEN...
- You finally see mountains again, even if they are green
- Every other billboard is about fireworks
- You stop at Taco Bell and they give you bouncy balls for change because they ran out of quarters
- The only Subway you can find is in a Wal-Mart
- The drivers are psychotic!
Tennessee change from Taco Bell
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN KENTUCKY WHEN...
- It only takes and hour and a half to drive through
- You have to sit in the back seat because your little brother is driving and you fear for your life so you try to take your mind off his driving by pulling out a Sesame Street coloring book and coloring a picture of Bert (Timmy actually didn't drive as badly as I thought he would)
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN ILLINOIS WHEN...
- You have to change interstates 3 different times
- You don't even realize you are in Illinois
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN MISSOURI WHEN...
- There is a Cracker Barrel at every other exit
- You can see the Gateway Arch from the interstate
- You have to drive in down pouring rain and everyone around you wants to drive 20 mph
- It is difficult to find a nice hotel just off the interstate (luckily we finally found a Holiday Inn)
Riding the luggage cart at our hotel in MO
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN KANSAS WHEN...
- You cross the state border and can smell coffee
- You can smell the manure outside even with the air circulator on
- The manure smell goes away and you smell fresh cut grass
- The fresh cut grass smell goes away and begins to smell like a sweaty soccer cleat
- There are corn fields on both sides of the interstate
- There are no more corn fields all you can see is sunflower fields
- There is only Cracker Barrel off of I-70 (that's where we decided to stop and eat)
- It takes all the day light to get through the dang state!!!
Cayden SMOKIN Timmy at a friendly game of Checkers
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN COLORADO WHEN...
- You see the sign that says "Welcome to Colorful Colorado"
- The speed limit FINALLY goes back up to 75
- You only have to drive 2.5 hours more before you get to Denver
- You stop outside of Limon and find a VERY ghetto Wendy's
- You pull in front of your home and your husband is running down the stairs to greet you
It was a fun drive but its good to be home.
~LOVE TO ALL~
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday of our vacation was a work day. Jared and Mikey got up early and began doing the small jobs that needed to be done and then moved on to some bigger ones. They worked hard all morning and then went for a swim in the afternoon. Jared was kind enough to take Cayden into the pool with him. Then we went to Arizona Pizza for dinner. It was a cute restaurant and the food was yummy. After dinner we headed back to the house for a movie. We let Granddaddy choose and he chose an old Clint Eastwood western, Pale Rider. Its a pretty good movie but once again I was so tired I fell asleep. ;)
Tim helping Jared dive.
His dives gradually got better.
Cayden had so much fun with the tubes!
Eating cheesy nachos at Arizona Pizza!
Last float in the pool.
Monday, July 13, 2009
We got here Wednesday night just after midnight. Cayden was such a great traveler. I'm so glad that he doesn't mind traveling. We had a 3 hour flight to Atlanta and then a short layover. Then we had an hour and 20 min flight into Ft. Myers. Thankfully he finally fell asleep before the flight into Ft. Myers took off. It was a lot easier to travel down here than I was expecting it to be.
When we woke up Thursday morning we were tired but excited to hang out. It feels as if the days go by so quickly here!!! We spent the day hanging out. Jared even got a little work done for them. They had to get a new dryer and when it was delivered the plug didn't match the outlet. So Jared went and bought a new outlet and had the dryer running in 10 minutes. Grandmommy and Granddaddy treated us to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Iguana Mia, for dinner. It was at dinner that we shared our exciting news with Grandmommy. Jared blabbed it in the car on the way over so Granddaddy knew but didn't say anything. ;) It was a wonderful dinner shared with perfect company. Then we went back to the house and watched Cat Ballou, which I quickly fell asleep watching. Its one of my all time favorite movies but I was SOOO tired.
Enjoying the birthday cake
Playing in the pool-Cayden really enjoyed "jumping" in
But he really enjoyed pushing his daddy in!
We are having a great time! We will post more soon!
~Love to all~
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
After we were done playing with sparklers and poppers we went inside for dessert. S'MORES!!!! I had been craving them for weeks so I was very excited to finally eat one. It was Cayden's first and he was a big fan. They ended up being dinner for Jared and me. Quite the nice 4th of July dinner huh???
We hope every one had an awesome 4th of July. We are so thankful for this country that we live in and for the freedom that we enjoy every day.
Ok. So this may be the last blog for a few weeks. We are headed to Florida today and can't wait for an exciting vacation!!!
~LOVE TO ALL~
Friday, July 3, 2009
Jared's sister Julie came back to Denver from Utah so she could catch her flight back to Kuwait. When she got here she said she brought Cayden a present. Out of her bag she pulled the perfect pair of pajamas for Cayden. They have Lightning McQueen ALL over them. He was so excited. We finally washed them so he could wear them. The morning after the first time we wore them he refused to let me take them off. He would have worn them all day if I'd let him. We now have to hide them during the day or else he wants to put them on. Needless to say, he gets ready for bed SUPER early now. ;) Thanks Julie for the great gift!
He had to go find his Lightning McQueen car as soon as he put the jammies on.
On Tuesday of this week I decided to take Cayden to the free movie at the theatre to see if he would enjoy going to the movies. Well the movie was Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. He sat and watched for about 3 minutes and then wanted to be all over the place. About 40 minutes into the movie he was getting really naughty. So I asked him if he wanted to go home and he said, "uh huh." So we went home. I don't think I'll be taking him back to the movies for a while.
Figuring out how to sit in the booster seat.
Mommy and Cayden scrunch picture!!