Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Day at Home With My Boy

So I only had to work 2 days this week. School is out Wed-Fri. However, yesterday morning I woke up with pink eye. So I "unfortunately" had to stay home. A 1 day work week isn't all that bad. I was super excited to be able to stay home and hang with Cayden. We played at home in the morning and then ran some errands. We went to my mom's house to meet up with her and then were on our way.

First we went to the bank. Cayden knows that money is at the bank. The whole way to the bank he kept saying "bank, money". We went to exchange the coins in his piggy bank to buy birthday presents for him. We only took half of the money and got $77.00! I was very excited!!! Cayden had a blast using the coin machine at the bank. I was happy that the bank didn't charge to use it.

After the bank we stopped a few more places before we made it to the outlet mall in Castle Rock. We grabbed some lunch (Chinese, mmmm) and then headed out to shop. Cayden was so good and stayed in his stroller the whole time. I told him that because he was so good we could play on the playground for a bit. However, when we got to the playground it was gone. They had taken it out!!! I was shocked! So, as angry as he was we were able to get him in the car and promised to go the park when we got home.

We got back to my mom's house and found a soccer ball because the whole way home Cayden kept saying "soccer, play". So once he found a soccer ball, and woke up his napping uncles, we headed out to the park. My parents neighborhood has a park so it was only a short walk and we were there. He had so much fun playing with his uncles. He even got them both to go down slides! After a while of playing, and more cold weather rolled in, we headed back to the house to warm up.
Walking to the playground (he likes to walk "fast")


Playing basketball with Tim and Chris


He kept trying to lift the tree


I had so much fun spending the day with Cayden. He is such a fun little guy. Its hard for me to believe that he is almost 2 years old. He is so smart too. One of my favorite things about riding in the car with him is when he tells you to stop at a red light. He knows that red means stop and green means go. I just love to watch him grow.

I am so looking forward to 5 more days to hang out with my boy.

~LOVE TO ALL~

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Days like that are the best!! Wish we had more of them!!!
The count down is on...can't wait to see the new little guy!!

Jess said...

I bet it was nice to have a break. You deserve it! Cayden is such a cutie. I love all the pictures.

I hope you are doing well still. You are getting so close. How exciting.

Love you!

Julie said...

Cayden is so cute! I can just here him say all the words in his cute way... soccer, stop, play, and my favorite "fast"! Such a cutie!

Glad you get to hang with your boy!

Unknown said...

Pink eye, yuck! But fun day with Cayden. He is getting so big!

:)