Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a lovely Easter. We had a lazy morning and then went to church with my Dad. We thought it would be nice to spend the day with him since it was his birthday and everyone was still in Florida. It was nice to be in a ward other than our own and I always love sitting next to my dad and listening to him sing. As we were singing I Know That My Redeemer Lives I really listened to the words my dad was singing. It brought me to tears to think of the sacrifice He made so that He could be resurrected and in turn make it possible for us to be resurrected as well. I'm so thankful for that.



Cayden in his Easter outfit


After church

Cayden and Uncle Timmy


After church we headed back to my Dad's house to enjoy an awesome dinner. Dad made so much yummy food and we were stuffed. We were so stuffed that we decided to save Dad's birthday cake for Monday night. Thanks for the great meal Daddy!!!!

The birthday cake I made for Dad


After we got dinner cleaned up we decided to let Cayden have his Easter egg hunt. He was so fun to watch!!! He had fun searching and successfully finding the eggs and putting them in his Easter bucket. Once he found all of the eggs he was pretty sad the hunt was over so he began re hiding the eggs so he could find them again.


"Hunting"


First Peep (he wasn't a big fan)

It was such a wonderful day and we really enjoyed spending time with family.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cayden sure looks cute for Easter!
Glad you had a great day!!

. said...

What a handsome little guy! I'm with you Cayden, I don't like peeps either! Glad you had a great Easter and got to spend it with your Dad!