Tuesday, June 15, 2010

68 Years (and still going)

My sweet grandparents celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary yesterday. What a momentous occasion. They met in High School and for all but 2 1/1 years, when my Granddaddy was in the war they, have been inseparable. They are such a wonderful example of love and sacrifice and what a marriage truly should be. Yesterday Granddaddy said, "68 years and still waiting for our first fight." To which Grandmommy replied, "Still waiting? I don't want to fight with you!" They are just so super cute and still have a twinkle in their eye when they look at each other. One of my favorite things about them is the way they kiss. They ALWAYS give two little kisses. Once, many years ago, when Granddaddy was leaving he kissed Grandmommy and she called him back and said it wasn't enough and that she wanted another one. So ever since then they have always given two kisses before parting. I pray that my marriage to my sweet husband can mirror that of my wonderful grandparents.
Right around the time they got maried.

Yesterday as we were cleaning out a closet for packing, we unwrapped a trinket that turned out to be their wedding cake topper from 68 years ago. Can you believe they still had it!?!? We brought it to dinner and had them take a picture with it. What a perfect day to find it, exactly 68 yrs later. I was so glad I could be here to celebrate with them.


CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMOMMY AND GRANDDADDY!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
~Love To All~

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

That's quite the legacy!

Unknown said...

What a great example of love!

:)