Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another Beautiful BOY!

We were so excited to have our ultrasound yesterday. When I first got pregnant I thought, " Oh, this one is going to be a girl" because all I could think about were girl names. But the past month or two I felt more that it was going to be a boy. And yesterday the tech "sorta" confirmed it. When I was pregnant with Cayden he willingly spread his legs to let us know he was a boy. But this baby was a little more modest and kept his legs tight together, but the tech said she was pretty certain its a boy. She pointed out his boy parts 3 different times so I feel that's good enough for me. Here are a few pictures, I was sad she didn't try to get better ones.

OK, now for a little update on life. We just got back from a last minute trip from Utah. Moroni, UT to be specific. It was quite the interesting experience for me. I am so not a small town girl. I felt so trapped there! Its a nice little town but I don't like the fact that there is NOTHING to do. There wasn't even a park to take Cayden to so he could play. I'm also not sure how I feel about waking up to a rooster crowing and a cow mooing. I did my best to stay positive while I was there. I drove into the surrounding cities and checked them out a little. But even in those towns there wasn't a whole lot to see. Moving there would definitely be a change of pace. Jared does have a job there if he wants it. However, we aren't sure yet if it would really benefit our situation. Lots more prayers need to be said before we make that decision.

Before we left for Utah last Sunday I decided to give my boys haircuts. That's right both of them. Cayden finally got his first haircut. It was so sad but I was tired of everyone getting on my case about his long hair. It was just so pretty. I didn't cry though and Cayden was so well behaved while I did it.
Before
After

So after our few days in Moroni we headed up to Jared's mom's house. We were just planning on staying there Wed. night and driving home on Thursday morning. However, neither of us were ready to come back home quite yet. We didn't come home until Saturday. Cayden had fun hanging out with Grandma. On Thursday we went in to Salt Lake and had lunch. Then we tried to go to the Hope Gallery but by the time we got there they were closed. They happened to close early that day because they had a special event going on. So we trekked back up to Temple Square in the wicked wind and made our way to the Church History Museum. We had a nice time looking around and Cayden and Jared enjoyed playing in the kids area. Then we went and looked at the Presidents of the Church display. That was pretty neat. It was a fun day but we were all pretty tired by the time we got home.

Jared and Cayden behind the replica of the conference center podium.

On Friday we were kinda lazy and stayed at the house while Jared's mom went to gather her things from school. When she got back we watched CARS (because that's Cayden's favorite movie) and then went to pick some apricots off a friend's tree. It was fun to watch Cayden pick them. Then we had dinner and went to the Drive-In. I was so so excited. I hadn't been to a drive-in for so long. UP was playing and we hadn't seen it yet. Going to the drive-in was the best way to take Cayden to the movies. He was contained to the car and fell asleep when he got tired. It was a great evening!

Cayden on Daddy's lap at the Drive-In.

Now we are back home and back to life. Jared is working with a guy from church doing landscaping and I head back to work next Friday. School starts on the 24th and I'm not looking forward to spending the day with other people's kids rather than with Cayden. But, we have to pay the bills. At least I know Cayden is in good hands while I'm at work. Ok, that's it for now!

~LOVE TO ALL~

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love that Cayden is still wearing his CAR jammies! That is awesome.

Glad you got a few days to hang in UT- good times!

Jess said...

So excited that you are having another little boy! I can't wait to find out too.

I love that you gave Cayden a hair cut. I really need too, I just can't bring myself to cut of his girly curls!

So sad that we missed you while you were here in Utah, but don't worry we are coming to Colorado really soon ;)

Sorry that you have to start work again. That's the pits. Hope you are feeling good.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Congrats on another boy! Now Cayden will have someone to beat up on much as Brent beats up on Jared. :)

Love ya!

Kristylee said...

Next time you guys are in Utah let me know, I'd be happy to have you over for dinner or at least we could all go to a park :)

Jenny Moore said...

Congrats on another cute little boy!!
We are praying for you and hope Jared finds a really good job soon!