Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Learning with Daddy

Cayden is such a Daddy's boy. When I get him out of bed in the morning the first word that comes out of his mouth is "Daddy." All day long you can count on Cayden saying, "Daddy? Work." But he knows that when Daddy comes home he get the play time he's been looking forward to all day. I'm so glad that Jared and Cayden have such a great relationship.

Last night Cayden knocked over my one and only plant. Its an indoor orange tree that Jared and I brought home from one of our first trips to Florida together. It needed to be re potted anyway. Even though it made a huge mess when Cayden knocked it over I was glad that it could turn into a learning experience. Jared took Cayden with him to get the larger pot off the balcony and then together they replanted the little tree. Cayden was so gentle with it too. He was very careful when he moved dirt from one pot to the other. It was so cute to watch. I think Cayden enjoyed playing with dirt indoors. But mostly he enjoyed helping Daddy.
I am so grateful for a husband that loves spending time with our son. Even though he may be totally exhausted and it takes every ounce of energy he has left he still makes the effort to play with Cayden. What a blessing for Cayden and me to have such a wonderful man in our life.

2 comments:

Jess said...

That is so sweet! I need to remember that more often. Sometimes (okay most of the time) I just get mad and think "oh good, one more mess to clean up" I need to turn it into a positive event instead. You guys are awesome. I am sure he loved the dirt.

Love you guys!

. said...

Oh, Jared you are such a good Dad! Too cute! Katie, I am very impressed you still have that plant... that's got to be 3 years old by now!