Friday, May 30, 2008

Lots to catch up on....

First I want to say I'm sorry for being such a slacker and not blogging. There has been so much going on. So I'll try to remember everything.


My mother's day was awesome. Jared and I had a lazy morning because Cayden actually slept through the night. Well, we didn't want to be late to our ward (we haven't been late once since Cayden was born) so instead of being late we didn't go. We decided to surprise my mom and go to church with them. Well surprise for us....mom was teaching in Primary. So I didn't get to spend time with her at church. Before we went to church Jared gave me my gift.


Beautiful Gift Basket

AWESOME goodies inside!
After church we went back home to change and then went back to my mom and dad's house for dinner. It was such a wonderful day. Thanks Jared for making it special.

On Monday morning after mother's day Cayden decided to get up early and be fussy so I let him sleep with me for a few hours. So when it was time for me to get up I carefully slid out of be so I didn't wake him...
Then when it was time to wake him I got the camera again because he usually wakes up so happy and I wanted it on film....



On May 22nd we went to our third graduation in 2 months. This one everyone was holding their breath until it happened. It was a close call but he did it.

My little brother Matt graduated from Eaglecrest High school. He was bummed that he graduated as a Raptor instead of a Red Knight(the rest of us are Red Knights) but we are all so proud of him for graduating. It was a long a tiring road but he did it. CONGRATULATIONS MATT!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!This is what of Cayden thought of the graduation. It was better for us that he slept. He was proud of his Uncle Matt though.


Cayden had a few firsts this month too. He had his first trip to the zoo on the 23rd. I went with my school class and it worked out that Jared was able to come too. So my mom met Jared at the zoo and dropped Cayden off. We enjoyed our day and Cayden seemed to have a good time too.


Cayden also experienced his first soccer game. Last night we drove out to watch Julie's soccer game. Jared even got to put on the pink uniform, lace up his cleats, and join Julie on the field. In the first 10 seconds he was in the game he had an assist that tied the game 1-1. It was really fun to watch him play. He was dying after about 15 mins. though because he is so out of shape. But he did say those 15 mins. were worth it. We had to leave at half time because Cayden has been sick and it was getting cold and windy so we needed to get him out of the weather.


So to wrap this long and boring blog up. We are doing great! I am looking forward to being done with work for a few weeks until summer school starts. Jared and I leave for Utah on June 6th and we are excited for a break from Colorado life. Cayden is SOOOOO close to crawling. We are just waiting for him to start going forward instead of backward. He is also sleeping through the night from time to time so Jared and I are a little more rested than we have been. Thing are great with us. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

LOVE TO ALL!!!

4 comments:

. said...

I'm glad you put on the pink uniform! It was fun to play with you Jared!

Jess said...

What a cute post! I am loving the video of Cayden. That is too darling.

I can't wait to see you guys at the end of this week!! Hooray.

Good job Jar on sportin' the pink shirt and playing on Julie's team. I am sure you were awesome! What a good brother you are.

Glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day Katie! I love the basket (and loved the movie 27 dresses).

Loves to all.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun lately! And looks like the weather is getting nice!

Love ya!

Oh, cute uniform Jared!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining the pink uniform...I was kind of scared there for a minute!!!
Glad you had a good mother's day...looks like Jared did a good job!
Can't wait to see you!!!