Thursday, May 1, 2008

I DID IT!!!! - Graduation Day


Well, I know that some of you might not believe it, but I finally graduated. It seems like it has taken forever (and it has - 7 years to be exact). My goal was to beat Brent, which I did. So I'm pretty happy about that. It was a great weekend. It was really busy, but very fun.


Mom flew in on Friday night. It was so great to have her here. I was happy that she could make it. We picked her up and then headed to dinner at Atlanta Bread Co. - DELICIOUS! We were all pretty tired and I still needed to do some last minute prep for my big day so we just called it a night.


The next morning the Alumni Association at my school hosted a breakfast. We all headed out early so we could get something to eat. After we ate we had some time to kill so we headed over to the gallery to see the graduation exhibit that was still up without anyone being there. Then it was time for the big event.


I had to be there early for pictures but eventually the ceremony got underway. Art schools aren't so organized and proper like other colleges so it was interesting how everything worked out. My graduating class was pretty small, maybe between 30 or 40. We had 2 valedictorians, one that gave more of an Academy Award acceptance speech than an actual graduation speech. But like most graduations go we were told that now we are ready to go change the world. So here I go. Wish me luck!


After graduation there was a reception back at the gallery on campus. It was fun to be there without any more stress. I was done and it felt SO good.

So with graduation done and over with there was just one more thing to do - Eat! We had dinner back at our place, but I have to tell everyone about the dessert that we had. It was so yummy. It was really simple, but super tasty. It was a pear boiled in white grape juice, sugar, and lemon juice and then placed on a plate covered in pureed raspberries and a dollop of whip cream. YUMMY!!!! You have to try it. If you want the actual recipe just let us know and we would be happy to share.

So that pretty much wraps it up. Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do now that I am graduated. I keep telling everyone that I am going to Disney World. J/K I plan on working full time for Ideations. I am trying to find studios that I would want to work at and then I can start sending out my resume and demo reel. Then its just a matter of finding a job. Most likely we will be in Colorado for a little while longer, but then we will probably end up moving. For now though we are happy with how things are and it has definately been nice to be home more often.
Just a quick funny story - my friend Josh (the kid walking behind me in the very first picture of this post) was supposed to have honor cords like me, but wasn't given any. So I untied my cords and gave him one and I kept one. So we shared our honors. I felt bad that he didn't have any. So if anyone noticed that that is why I only have one cord instead of two.
We hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all your cards and phone calls. I love you all very much and appreciate your support. Love to all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats sweetheart! I'm so proud of you!! Please don't make me move to Spain. ;)

Jess said...

That is awesome Jar! We are so proud of you. It will be sad if you move far away. Just make it somewhere fun so we can come and visit a lot :)

Love you and your cute family.
I hope that you took a few days to Relax.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Jared! I'm glad I got to enjoy your specail day with you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jared...we're proud of you!!!

Kristylee said...

Wahoo! Way to go Jar! You know what graduating from college means... you're old! But we're all old nowadays. I'm so proud of you, Congratulations!