Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crawling, Working, and Playing

More updates on our little Cayden, he's crawling!!! He started crawling on June 3rd. It was such an exciting moment. He's getting pretty fast now too. I think he saw too many other kids being able to move around and decided he was ready to move too. Now there is no stopping him.

Jared and I just returned from a 5 day trip to Utah. We went with the purpose of getting work done on his mom's house. We did quite a bit even though it didn't feel like we did a whole lot. On Saturday Jess came out with her kids. Its ALWAYS so much fun to hang out with them. After visiting for a bit we started working and moved everything away from the living room wall and started peeling wall paper. I would have had an entire sheet pulled off in one piece had Jess not tried to peel in and ruined it! Geez Jess!! I still love you though. SO this is the wall before...

This is Jess working and Jared playing

And this is the wall after...(minus a clock in the empty space that hasn't been purchased yet.)

It was really fun to see all the kids together. Tayler and Rylee loved Cayden. Jayson loved him too just a little to hard sometimes. I got some really cute pictures of the kids together.

Rylee would kiss Cayden and then say "Cayden slobber on me"

These are two of my favorites from the weekend. Tay was such a big helper with Cayden.


Falling asleep in front of Grandma's toy drawer


On Tuesday before we came home we went to the cemetery where Jared's dad is buried. It was very special to me because it was my first time visiting his grave site. But it was more special to be able to take Cayden and even though he doesn't understand us we could talk to him about who he is named after. It was a really nice afternoon.





One Last thing to post. Yesterday was my oldest brother's birthday. We took Chris to Gunther Toody's for dinner. It was quite entertaining. Happy Birthday Chris. We Love you!!




Love to all! Have a wonderful week!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Good post Katie! It was so fun to see you guys and hang out. Loved it! I hope that you are feeling better.

I am dying over that picture of Cayden when he fell asleep in front of the drawer. How funny!

I am loving the finished picture of the green wall. It looks so good.

My kids did love hanging out and seeing little Cayden. Rylee jumped up on my lap as soon as I started looking at your post and loved seeing herself. She's vain! :))

Can't wait to see you again in 18 days!

Loves.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite the change from the wallpaper to the paint..thanks for putting up the after picture.
Sorry we didn't get to see you but we're looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks...tell Cayden to quit growing until then!!!

Unknown said...

Cayden! Good job little crawler! That's awesome.

The front room at Mom's house looks great! Good job guys!

:)

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome picture of Jess working Jared playing. My picture they are both posing for the picture... darn cute!