Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Joys of Being a MOM!

I love being a mom so much. Cayden doesn't like to go to sleep and the other night he got really slap happy. It was hilarious!!!




Cayden is now 5 months old. I don't know where the time goes. He is getting so big. He is already in 6 month clothes and will be out of them in a few weeks. At his 4 month check up he was in the 95th percentile for his length, 75th for his weight and 50th for his head circum. I really can't get over how big he is getting. It seems that just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.



With today being Mother's Day I just want to say how thankful I am for the privilege to be a mom. I can't begin to express the joy and happiness that little Cayden brings to my life. As hard as it gets I can't help but melt when I look at beautiful face.





  • I love the way he smiles in his sleep.


  • I love the way he clings to my fingers when he is taking a bottle.


  • I love his stinky little toes.


  • I love the way his ears stick out.


  • I love when he wakes up from a nap and when he sees me he gets the biggest smile on his face.


  • I love to see how much he adores his Daddy.


  • I love when he talks to me and wish I knew what he was saying.


  • I love the way he uses his eyebrows to express himself.


  • I love when he falls asleep in my arms.


  • But most of all I love the way he makes me feel as if nothing else in the world matters and that when the three of us are together that's all we need to make it.



I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father, Jared, and Cayden for making me a mom. I couldn't have been give a better gift.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mother's in our family!!! We love you all so much!!!

4 comments:

karen said...

Happy FIRST MOTHERS DAY KATIE!!! I hope your boys are treating you right.

Jess said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love the video clip.

I can't believe how fast he is growing up either. Can't wait to see you all again.

Happy Mothers Day Katie!

Anonymous said...

He is a super cutie!
Congrats Katie and welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!! It only gets better!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute little laugh he has! That's awesome!

Love ya!