Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I just can't get over how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesterday I was packing my bag to go to the hospital and now almost 4 weeks have passed.


I want to start by wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. I hope 2008 brings many new adventures and exciting times. I also hope it is a year of many rich blessings and lots of love.


Jared, Cayden and I are doing GREAT! Jared and I love to just sit and watch Cayden. Its so much fun being a parent. Jared has been an AMAZING help to me. He is making sure I get enough sleep and takes Cayden for me when I' m not. We tag team in the middle if the night when Cayden wakes up every 2 hours. Hopefully he will start sleeping for longer periods of time.


Since all Cayden really does is sleep we thought it would be fun to post some of his favorite sleeping positions....




Our Christmas was wonderful! We spent the morning, just the 3 of us, at home. Jared and I combined our traditional Christmas breakfasts and had scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and oatmeal. It was quite the filling breakfast. After opening our gifts and stockings we went to my mom and dad's house for more presents and then dinner. It was the perfect Christmas day.



We spent New Year's eve at my parents house as well. Just hanging out and playing games was the plan for the evening. We had a great time and even stayed awake enough to watch the ball drop. We got home about 12:30 and then Jared left to go and clean up after the youth dance. I couldn't believe that he was asked to just go out and clean up. Especially because the building it was at is about 30 mins. from home. But Jared being the great person that he is did it without complaining. He made it home safely so I was grateful for that.

Jared has actually had time off of work which is SO nice. We have enjoyed spending the last week together. It has been spent sleeping, shopping and just hanging out. Jared's boss is very generous when it comes to giving a Christmas bonus and this year we were able to buy a washer and dryer as well as a dining table. It finally feels like we are living in an actual home rather than a broke newly wed home.

Sadly Jared must return to work tomorrow so our fun is over. But you can't live if you don't work so it's back to the grinding stone for both of us. I have to go back to work on the 7th which will be hard but with Jared still in school I have no other option. Thankfully my mom has offered to watch Cayden for us during the day. It will be hard to leave him but at least he will be with someone who loves him and someone we trust.
Well, we hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays. Good luck in the new year! We love you all!!

Here's to a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!!
I can't wait to see him in person!!
Looks like you had a great Christmas.

Jess said...

He is so dang cute!! I love that last picture.

I'm glad that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

I can't wait to see you Friday.

Unknown said...

Look how big he's getting!

He's going to be huge by March! Man! Stop growing Cayden.

Happy New Year!

Love ya!