Monday, March 26, 2007

I know...I'm a slacker

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that it has been so long since the last blog. We haven't fallen off the face of the earth we have just been SUPER busy. But I have a week vacation now because my school is on Spring Break.

Its a wonderful thing working for the school district. You gotta love built in vacation. This week I plan to get things back in order. It seems that these past few weeks I have either been too stressed or too tired to do anything. So I'm glad that I have all week to get reorganized as well as play because the weather is supposed to be GREAT!!! This morning I woke up and Matt and I went to pick up mom from the auto shop and then we went back to their house where I cleaned the interior of my car. I've been wanting to do that for WEEKS. So, its nice to have a clean car again.

Jared, unfortunately, does not get a spring break. So he has to work and study while I get to play. Playing would be more fun if he could play too. But he's working so hard on his schoolwork. He got his midterm grades a few weeks ago and had straight A's. I'm so proud of him and what a hard worker he is. He wants to make his dream of becoming an Animator come true and he knows what he has to do to make it happen. He really is amazing.

We have had the joy of watching Matt and Tim in another performance at school. They are both in the Men's Choir and they had a concert on the 20th of this month. The title of their performance was "Men in Tights". I'm sure you can guess what that comes from. They came out in the beginning and were in choir robes. They sang a funny song about being "the men of the choir" and how they get the parts no one else wants but that they can do better. Then they jumped off the risers and the curtain closed behind them. They got in a triangle formation and started singing "Barbara Ann". The kid who had the solo went off the stage and started working the crowd but when he tried to jump back onto the stage at the end of the song he kept slipping back down because of his robe. After that song they all tore their robes off and revealed their medieval attire and of course TIGHTS! Then they sang "Men in Tights" from Robin Hood:Men in Tights. It was HILARIOUS. I must say my brothers are such characters when they are on stage. I'm so happy that being on stage is so comfortable for them. We love to watch them perform.

Anyway, this is long and boring because I have no pictures this time. But I will take pictures this week and blog again soon!!!!

Love to all!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been having a good time! Have a great week off!
Too bad Jared doesn't get some time off too! This too will pass, right?

Love ya!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.