Monday, July 23, 2012

Is he REALLY 31???

Yep! He sure is. I'm so glad I married a man older than me. No matter how old I get he is always older. ;)

I wanted Jared to have a special day. 31 is a weird age with nothing really special about it so I wanted to make it special. I got up super early and made him apple cinnamon muffins, eggs, and sausage. It was fun to have a birthday breakfast together even though it meant everyone was up at 6:30am.

Then Jared had to go to work. His boss always takes him out for lunch for his bday so I gave him a suggestion of a fabulous restaurant on 16th street call The Yard House. Really good food. They all walked away with really full bellies.

Once he got home I made steak stir fry and fried rice at Jared's birthday dinner request. After that we let him hunt for his presents. That's right...hunt. Cayden and I put together a scavenger hunt for Jared to find his presents. So much fun!!! Jared loved having Cayden and Jake help him follow the clues. And along the way Jared let the boys help him open his gifts. Such an unselfish Daddy. ;)

After presents we went to 7 Eleven and got free slurpees. We have never gotten a free slurpee on 7/11 so it was a fun first for us. Then it was off to play mini golf. We had so much fun!



 This is a real in the moment picture. Not posed at all. I think he was nervous about all the candles. ;)
When we got home we put candles in the AWESOME cake that the boys helped make. We love Jared so much and we are so glad we could make his birthday a special day for him.

He appreciated the calls, cards, and messages on my FB page wishing him a Happy Birthday!

~Love To All~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sure is a lot of candles!

Glad it was good day!

:)

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Jsr! Glad it was a good one. Love the idea of a scavenger hunt. I love when the kids get to help out. It makes it that much better.