Monday, July 30, 2012

BUNK BED!!

32 years ago, in Utah, my dad built a bunk bed for my brothers. My oldest brother was just 3 years old. That bed survived moving to Florida where my older brothers slept on it until their missions and then for a while after them. Then my little brothers took over the bunk bed. It then  survived a move to Colorado where my little brothers continued to use it in 2 different houses. Then sadly once my parents moved into the new house the bed was put to rest in the basement. Lying in pieces just yearning to be used again.

Well, that bed came home with us a few weeks ago. We packed up the crib and all the baby decor and we now have a "Big Boy Bedroom". The boys couldn't be more excited to have the bed. They gladly helped their daddy put the bed together.



 Jacob's crib was on this half of the room along with all the baby wall decor. ;)

 The boys found the baby swing in the closet and took turns helping their daddy and then swinging.

 They had some climbing fun along the way.

So now the boys room has been transformed. All the baby stuff is in the basement and we have a full blown boy room. They are enjoying the bunk bed. Cayden sleeps on the top and Jake sleeps on the bottom. They have lined the side of the bed with their animals to keep them company. We have yet to get them matching bedding but hopefully that will come soon. ;)

 We took the side of the room that Cayden's bed was on and transformed it into a reading corner. With as much as our boys LOVE books we felt it was fitting. Jared made the bookshelf just over a year ago for an auction for the program I worked in at the Elementary school. I felt bad that it didn't sell, but I'm sure glad to have such a BEAUTIFUL piece in my home. ;) And we still have room for more books! The boys love their room and its so nice to have more space in there for them to move around.


BIG THANKS TO MY MOM AND DAD FOR LETTING US BRING THE BED TO OUR HOUSE!!!
~Love To All~

3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

What a fun big boy room!!!
They are growing up way too fast!!!

Jess said...

That is so exciting! I love bunk beds. They totally free up so much space and kids love sleeping on them. I bet they are loving it!

The reading corner is great too.

Unknown said...

That sure does look like a great big boy room!

:)