Saturday, September 25, 2010

"He Took Me to a Bar"

So for my birthday this year Jared had planned out an entire evening. He had a few other plans (massage, spa treatment, hot springs etc.) in mind but due to a monthly visitor he thought I wouldn't enjoy them as much. My birthday was on a Thursday so we just got take out for dinner and then went home and watched the first football game of the season. But then on Friday night Jared and I hit the town. Julie offered to babysit (THANKS JULIE!!) so we could have a child free evening. I had no idea what we were doing. Jared told me to dress so I felt cute and to make sure I had my driver's license. So, I did exactly that. He then told me that we were going downtown to do a few things that I Had been wanting to do.

I asked if we were going to dinner. I was thinking Cheesecake Factory or Maggiano's but I was wrong. Jared said I had never been this to this restaurant before. So then I guessed the Old Spaghetti Factory. Yep! They had just renovated and I had been wanting to go. The atmosphere was awesome but I could have made better spaghetti at home. So while we were sitting at dinner I was racking my mind to figure out what we were doing for the rest of the night. He had mentioned parking close to the 16th street mall so I jokingly said, "We're going to Coyote Ugly!" To which Jared replied, "Do you want to?" "No, its a bar!" I said. Then Jared told me that that really was the plan for the night. I had said months, possibly years ago that I wanted to go and see what it was like. I thought it was really cute of him to remember. I laughed HYSTERICALLY for about 15 minutes while we sat and ate our dessert. We were both crying from laughing so hard. At least, I hope Jared was crying from laughing too. He said. "I can see the blog heading now "He took me to a bar".

So, after dinner we headed over to Coyote Ugly. There was no cover charge so there was no harm in going to check it out. Needless to say when we got in we stuck out like a sore thumb. We noticed a few pool tables so we went over to see how much it cost to play. Then I noticed a photo booth so I made Jared take pictures with me. We then played a game of pool (I WON) and then we were ready to go. Our next stop was yet another bar, but he wanted to take me because it had a dance floor. We have been searching for a place to go dancing without having to worry about psycho people grinding on me. We decided that 1 bar was enough for one night. SO we headed back to the car to try to decide what to do. When it was too late for a movie I said, "KOHL'S is still open." Jared then told me I could have the cash left in his pocket and we could go shopping. After shopping we headed home. It was a fun night and I was thankful that Jared wanted to make it special for me. Even if he did take me to a bar.


Outside Coyote Ugly

The next day we went to my mom and dad's house to have a party with my family. We had sub sandwiches for lunch and then enjoyed some cake and ice cream. The cake was so good and it was so pretty that I felt bad eating it. I refused to let anyone eat the flowers. ;)
I really did have a wonderful birthday. Thank you to all those who called (even though I didn't get to talk to some of you), sent cards, or just thought about me. It really did make my day special.
~Love To All~


3 comments:

Jess said...

HAHAHA, yep that would be me that called WAY too late :)
I'm glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it! It sounds like a very fun-filled evening. Nice job Jared.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

He took you to a bar...hee hee.

I went to a bar once. I got carded and I was the second oldest in the group. Hee hee.

Glad you had a fun birthday!

Julie said...

That is awesome! I laughed when I saw the title becuase I knew this must be what you guys did for your birthday. Too funny!

Thanks for letting me tend your cute kidos- it was a fun night for me as well!