Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Skinheads

So my brother Chris began his radiation therapy today. A few weeks ago he had an MRI that showed his brain tumor had grown. The doctors decided that the chemo he was on wasn't working and now Chris needs radiation. SO for the 6 weeks , 5 days a week, Chris will go in for radiation and 2 different types of chemo. Hopefully this will finally do it. Chris has never been negative or down about it. He just wants it to be over with so he can get back to normal life.

Anyway, last night we went to my parents house because Chris wanted me to shave his head. The radiation will cause hair loss so he wanted to get ahead of it. Well, Timmy and Jared decided they wanted to support Chris by shaving their heads too. Except, Tim can't do his until after his choir concert, prom, and graduation. So, last night I only shaved Chris and Jared's heads. I shaved Chris' head without batting an eye. I have shaved his head a million times since his first brain surgery in 2001. But when it came time to shave Jared's head I hesitated MAJORLY. But I knew Jared wanted to do it for Chris. I finally took the clippers to his head and took off the first stripe of hair. I couldn't help but cry. So with tear filled eyes I continued to shave his head. But there was no stopping there. Then it was time to get our the razor.

It was a very difficult thing for me to do but Jared loves it. I'm not a fan but it makes me happy that Jared loves Chris enough to support him like he did.


It really doesn't phase me to do Chris' head anymore

Before

During

After (Chris has trouble with camera flashes and his eyes)
So after the head shaving we had brownie sundaes and called it FHE. ; ) Cayden told Jared "I like it daddy. I like your hair." When Jared got home from work and took off his hat Cayden said, "Oh, your head shiny Daddy!" Yes it is!!!
~Love To All~

3 comments:

Julie said...

Cayden is too cute in his comment! Way to go Jared!

Jess said...

I love Cayden's comment! What a cute kid.

I'm sorry that your brother is going through that. I am sure he loves having you all near.

Jared, I think you look great!

Love you guys.

Unknown said...

My favorite part is that Jared still has side burns.

Hope this works for Chris!

Love ya!