Monday, May 3, 2010

Plants, Pretzels, and a Luau

Last Monday for Family Home Evening we talked about plants. We talked about how Heavenly Father made the plants for us. We talked about how plants start as a seed and need sun and water to grow. We read the book The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle (Thanks Kimmy for giving us the book). After we read the story we pulled out the seeds and soil that we purchased, Cayden picked out the flowers he wanted to grow, and planted them. We made quite the mess in the living room because it was too cold outside. Thank goodness for hardwood floors. It was a very fun evening. Afterward Cayden watered all the seeds and plants that we planted. Then we found places to keep the plants in the house until its warm enough outside. We finished the evening with soft pretzels as our treat since it was "Pretzel Day".


Our "Tiny Seed"

I just LOVE spending time with our little family. We always have so much fun. Its great just to have evenings to ourselves to strengthen our family bond. I'm so thankful that I get to be with them FOREVER!!

Our stake had a luau on Saturday. I signed up to take food because I knew that if I didn't have a reason to go that when the time came to go I probably wouldn't have wanted to go. SO we took our food and left. Just kidding. I put on my "Hawaiian" get up, (I got my dress when I was in Joseph as a sophomore in high school and it still fit) made a flower clip for my hair and we went. It was a neat activity. There was dinner, a show, and then a dance. I love dancing with Jared, he is so funny. We had a great night. Special thanks to Bethy for staying home to watch the boys for us. You're awesome! (We didn't take any pictures pre luau, these are all post luau.)


~Love To All~

3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Looks like you had a great family night lesson!! Love the pictures of the boys, they are both growing way too fast!!
Cute hula!!!

Jess said...

that looks like a blast! What a cute fhe to do. I bet Cayden loved it- what boy doesn't like dirt :)
I love the Luau theme. You look great Katie & Jared. What a fun night.
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Got to love the plans!

A luau would be fun...

Love ya!