Friday, July 3, 2009

I LOVE Summer

Its been so great to forget what day it is and not worry about what time it is or even worry if I have to be somewhere. I love Summer. Its been great to just hang with Cayden all day and play. Here is an update of our fun the past few weeks.

We took a last minute trip to Utah over Father's Day weekend. Thanks to Jared's sister we were able to go and have a fun weekend with everyone. We got in LATE Friday night. On Saturday we had a lazy morning and then took a trip into Tooele so I could check out the children's books at DI. I was successful and pleased with the books I bought. Then we headed back to the house and waited for Jared's sister Jess to come out with her kids. (Thanks for coming out to see us Jess) We had a BLAST playing and hanging with them. Then Saturday night we went to Jared's 10 year High School Reunion. It was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I'm glad we were able to make it.


Jared and Julie's group of friends. That's Julie's date laying on our laps.
This was the ONLY picture we got of the two of us. We looked awesome though!

Special thanks to Jared's mom for being an awesome Grandma and watching Cayden for us. Sunday rolled around and Cayden and I gave Jared his Father's Day gifts. We headed out to church and then were back on the road on our way home. Cayden is such a GREAT traveler. Thanks to the Utah family for making it a fantastic weekend.

When we got home it was back to work for Jared. But Cayden and I anxiously wait for him to come home everyday. In fact Cayden misses him so much he calls him (without me knowing) almost every day while he is at work. We try to keep busy while Jared is gone. We had Spencer over for an entire day to play with us. The boys had SO MUCH FUN. I'm so glad that they get along so well.

Comparing and enjoying lunch.


Exploring on the playground.


Jared's sister Julie came back to Denver from Utah so she could catch her flight back to Kuwait. When she got here she said she brought Cayden a present. Out of her bag she pulled the perfect pair of pajamas for Cayden. They have Lightning McQueen ALL over them. He was so excited. We finally washed them so he could wear them. The morning after the first time we wore them he refused to let me take them off. He would have worn them all day if I'd let him. We now have to hide them during the day or else he wants to put them on. Needless to say, he gets ready for bed SUPER early now. ;) Thanks Julie for the great gift!

It has matching pants too!


He had to go find his Lightning McQueen car as soon as he put the jammies on.


On Tuesday of this week I decided to take Cayden to the free movie at the theatre to see if he would enjoy going to the movies. Well the movie was Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. He sat and watched for about 3 minutes and then wanted to be all over the place. About 40 minutes into the movie he was getting really naughty. So I asked him if he wanted to go home and he said, "uh huh." So we went home. I don't think I'll be taking him back to the movies for a while.

Figuring out how to sit in the booster seat.


Mommy and Cayden scrunch picture!!

Jared had today off so we decided to use our Elitch Garden's passes and go to the water park. Cayden was in HEAVEN!!! He found the best of both worlds...water and slides. He was exhausted after an hour of playing. We had so much fun though. Tomorrow we are very excited to be able to go to the annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival. I'll post pictures from it. We can't wait!!
We hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!!

~Love to all~

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah for the cute jammies! I'm so glad he likes them!

I'm glad you guys came to the reunion, it was way fun with you there!

Cute pics... love the one with you and Cayden!

Thanks for letting me stay with you- I loved being there!

Unknown said...

Those are some great pj's! Good job Julie!

:)