Monday, July 13, 2009

Florida Vacation-Day 1 and 2

I LOVE being back in Florida. Its nice to be home again. Its awesome being with my grandparents and being able to give them a hug and kiss before bed each night. I love sitting and hanging out with them and just talking with them. I really miss having them around.


We got here Wednesday night just after midnight. Cayden was such a great traveler. I'm so glad that he doesn't mind traveling. We had a 3 hour flight to Atlanta and then a short layover. Then we had an hour and 20 min flight into Ft. Myers. Thankfully he finally fell asleep before the flight into Ft. Myers took off. It was a lot easier to travel down here than I was expecting it to be.


When we woke up Thursday morning we were tired but excited to hang out. It feels as if the days go by so quickly here!!! We spent the day hanging out. Jared even got a little work done for them. They had to get a new dryer and when it was delivered the plug didn't match the outlet. So Jared went and bought a new outlet and had the dryer running in 10 minutes. Grandmommy and Granddaddy treated us to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Iguana Mia, for dinner. It was at dinner that we shared our exciting news with Grandmommy. Jared blabbed it in the car on the way over so Granddaddy knew but didn't say anything. ;) It was a wonderful dinner shared with perfect company. Then we went back to the house and watched Cat Ballou, which I quickly fell asleep watching. Its one of my all time favorite movies but I was SOOO tired.
Cayden enjoying his corn on the cob
Outside Iguana Mia-"Just look for the green building"
Friday was spent much the same way that Thursday was, just hanging out. Friday afternoon my cousin Tim, who lives in Michigan, came over with his family. They have been visiting Florida this week too. I was excited to see them because they have never met Jared and I haven't met 2 of their 4 girls. So we celebrated Tim's and his youngest daughter, Sophia, birthdays. It was a fun evening. Once the thunderstorm stopped we all headed out to the pool for an evening swim. We had an awesome time hanging out with them.

Enjoying the birthday cake

Playing in the pool-Cayden really enjoyed "jumping" in

But he really enjoyed pushing his daddy in!

We are having a great time! We will post more soon!

~Love to all~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too am a Cat Ballou fan. I didn't know there was another one in the family. Woho!