Friday, October 3, 2008

Sometimes life is just hard....

As often as I try to blog it seems that something happens and I completely forget about my blog. I don't just forget to blog, I actually forget that it exists. But I do my best to keep it updated since we don't get everyone called as often as we would like.




So let me start by wishing my wonderful sister-in-law Jessica a very belated Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had an awesome birthday week! We are so glad that you did. We think the world of you and wish you the very best in the year to come.

We are doing well. Jared finished another animation project that he's been working on to add to his demo reel. So now that he finished that he's ready to send out his resume and start the official job hunt. He has already applied for a job with Insomniac Games that would, if he got the job, take us to North Carolina. I would LOVE to go back to the east coast. So I'm for sure keeping my fingers crossed for that one to come through.

Work for me is as crazy as ever. This first month back has been a complete nightmare. I try to stay positive though. Its hard having new people stepping in and throwing off the groove that we already have going. I still love my job but this year seems to be a little more challenging.

Cayden is doing FANTASTIC. He is walking all over the place. Its fun but hard too. His new found love is the computer keyboard. He will go over to the computer desk, reach up, and feel around until he feels the keyboard. The other day he actually pulled it down. I guess that means its time to move everything up another level. Oh, boy!!! He is also enjoying the freedom of feeding himself. About 2 weeks ago I was feeding him and he reached out, took the spoon, dipped it into the cup and began feeding himself. Needless to say it gets a little messy but its so cute. He is growing up so fast.


I also want to thank everyone who has kept my dad in their prayers. He is doing well. It seems that every time we get new news it seems to be positive. Its good that my dad is getting positive news because today we found out some not so good news about my oldest brother. This is where life just doesn't seem fair. Today Chris found out that the tumor in his brain that was removed almost 7 years ago is growing back. He has been doing so well and been so positive about everything that he has had to go through and now he has another hurdle to jump. I just don't understand why he has such difficult challenges to face while I sit with such a wonderful life. I wish that I could go through it for him so he doesn't have to do it again. I guess I just have to put my faith in the Lord and pray that everything will be ok. So, if anyone wants to add my brother to their prayers I would appreciate it.

We hope everyone is doing well. We love you all so much!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about the tough times with your family. I may be a little behind, but what is going on with your dad? Did I miss a post?

Your family is in our prayers. Everything will work out!

Cute video of Cayden!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry to hear about Chris. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. Also glad to hear there is good news about your
Dad.

Jenny Moore said...

I have to concur with Ashley...what's going on? Sorry...we're kind of out of the loop.
Cayden is a cutie...growing up so fast...tell them all to stop@

Jess said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Katie! You are the best.

I am glad that happy positive news is coming for your dad. I was really worried about that. I am sorry to hear abuot Chris though. We will add him to our prayers too.

I love that video of Cayden. Holy cow he is so cute.