Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boise Trip!!

So we are back from Boise and I think everyone survived the Linton family reunion. We got up early on the 2nd and drove to Utah. After an interesting night of bowling in Tooele we woke up on the 3rd and headed up to Boise. We had such an awesome time. Jared's sister Jenny let us stay at her house and we were so thankful for her and Steve's generosity. We always had a good meal, plenty of snacks, and a nice comfy warm bed to sleep in. I have to thank little Alyssa for giving up her bedroom to Jared, me, and Cayden. But I think she enjoyed sleeping on the Princess couch.

The purpose of the trip was for Meggy's baptism. What a special day that was. Meggy just glowed all day. She looked so beautiful in her white dress with an enormous smile on her face ALL day. Jared and I were so glad that we could be there to share in Meggy's special day. We couldn't be more proud of her for making the choice to be baptized. On of my favorite moments of that day was when Alyssa told us she wanted to be baptized too. Emmy told her that she could start preparing now to be baptized by reading her scriptures, saying her prayers, etc. So Alyssa walked into the other room and said "I'm going to go read my scriptures so that I can be baptized." It was so cute and so wonderful to see the good example that Emmy and Meggy had set for Alyssa. All of my nieces are such wonderful girls!

We were sad to leave but Monday rolled around and it was time to go. As we left Jenny and Steve's house there were tears from our beautiful nieces and it broke my heart. I had so much fun with them and wish that we could see them more. But it will make the next time we see each other again that much better. We love them so much! I'm guessing they are pretty fond of me too because Tayler includes me in the list of people she plans to play with.

I had such a great time spending time with Jared's family. I have only been a part of the family for a short time so its always nice when I can spend time with them and get to know them a little better and hopefully they can get to know me better too.


Our newest Family picture (not the professional picture)


Cayden really loved the swing (and his rubber snake)


Cayden in his very first Burger King Crown

Keeping cool in the shade under the trampoline

Apparently the trampoline tastes good...

Playing in the pool (Cayden really does love to swim)

Chillin' on the 4th of July

LOVE TO ALL!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

We are totally missing you guys! Rylee's babies were Cayden all week after you left. I think she is having withdrawls :)

Love you guys!