Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Eve

We had a very fun Christmas eve. It began with the boys making cookies for Santa. They had a blast!!!

They were really good at taking turns using the rolling pin. I was also surprised at how well they shared the cookie cutters. They work so well together. I' m glad they are such good buddies.

They posed for a few pictures after sneaking candy canes off the tree while they waited for the cookies to be done.
Then it was time to frost the cookies. I'm not sure if there was more frosting on the cookies or in their tummies. ;) They didn't eat much of the AMAZING dinner Tyson made.
Our Christmas Eve tradition growing up was to act out a live nativity. We haven't done it in YEARS since everyone is grown. However, with this being the first official Christmas in Colorado for my grandparents Kimmy thought it would be fun to act it out again for them. So we did. I was the angel, Jared was a wise man, and Cayden was the donkey. We decided to have Jake help my dad narrate. Kimmy, Tyson, and Spencer were shepherds, Tim and Mikey were wise men, Chris was Joseph, and Bethy was Mary. We used a Cabbage Patch doll for baby Jesus. After reading through the Christmas story we sung Christmas Carols and then it was on to BINGO!
Its a Crabb family tradition to play BINGO on Christmas Eve. The tradition changed as my dad's family got older and grew. My Grandma began having a Crabb Family Christmas Party where we all got together and ate and played BINGO. I have really enjoyed the last few years being able to go and participate. However with Grandma being 87 my aunt decided she was to old to be having the party every year. So the Crabb Family Christmas parties have come to an end. So we decided to do BINGO on our own this year. It was so fun and everyone ended up with great prizes.
Jared and me after BINGO


Everyone opening their BINGO prizes and making trades

Then we went home and put out our milk and cookies for Santa and went to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bingo - interesting. So you will wrapped presents? Fun!

:)