Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009 and New Year's

We had a wonderful Holiday. It seemed to go by a little too quickly but we sure did enjoy it. My whole family was able to be together.(minus my little brother Matt who is serving his mission in Honduras) It was so fun to be together. It was especially fun to have our new little addition, Jacob, to spend the holiday with us in person rather then in my tummy.

We spent Christmas morning at home so Cayden could enjoy what "Sandy Daws" brought him. He was SUPER excited when he saw all the presents under the tree as he came down the stairs. We opened stockings, Jared started the fire, ate breakfast, and then we opened presents. Cayden needed no direction to open his presents. He didn't really stop to play with toys he just wanted to unwrap everything. We had fun making a mess with the paper and tinsel. Jacob slept through everything but Cayden happily opened Jacob's presents and then would hand them to him to enjoy.

Opening up his stocking

Helping Daddy start the fire.

His tools and his basketball hoop were two of his favorite gifts.

"Baby Jake" with his loot

Playing with Tinsel

Cayden thought it was pretty great that he got more presents at Grandmommy and Granddaddy's house.

We anxiously awaited a phone call all morning from my parents to let us know that Matt had called. We got a call around 10:15. It was perfect timing. We had just finished opening presents and were starting to play. We packed up some new toys, hurried and got ready, and then headed over to talk to Matt. It was so wonderful to hear his voice. He is doing well and is loving his mission. He told us some pretty funny stories and let us know he was making a name for himself on p day when they play soccer. All the natives and impressed that a gringo plays as well as he does. We also had a treat and saw some pictures that he had sent home. His living conditions are pretty crappy but its good to know that he is now trying to make the best of it. I miss him so much and just want to give him a great big hug. I am so proud of him for serving a mission and setting such a good example for my boys. If you ask Cayden where Uncle Matt is his reply is "Mission".

We spent the rest of the day opening more gifts, playing games, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner that my mom and dad prepared. It was a wonderful day spent fantastic people.

Our New Years was pretty standard except for the fact that my sisters and I had a girls outing and went for pedicures before we headed to my parents house for the rest of the evening.

Our pretty pedicured feet (I think feet are so GROSS!)

Then once at my mom and days house we celebrated 3 birthdays. My brother Mikey (12/1) and my sisters Kimmy (1/2) and Bethy (1/3). It was a fun birthday/ New Year's Party.

Spencer helping his mommy blow out her candles. (all 30 of them!)

So my mom got a cake for Bethy and Mikey to share. Apparently the cake decorator thought the cake was only for one person.

My mom and dad had all sorts of YUMMY treats to keep us snacking all night. We played some fun games and some that got a little competitive. We put Cayden to bed around 10:00 and then played more games until midnight. I laid down with Jacob around 11:30 and fell asleep. Jared came and woke me up in time to watch the ball drop. However, the clock that they all were looking at was slow so we all missed the ball drop. We gave our hugs and kisses to everyone and then headed out for the night.

Jacob sound asleep on new year's eve.

We are excited for the many wonderful new adventures that 2010 may bring. Happy New Year to everyone!

~LOVE TO ALL~

No comments: