Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a Week!!!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Happy belated Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms I know and wonderful women I know. Jared woke me up just before 7:00 and had a tray ready for me to have breakfast in bed. It was the first time I'd ever gotten breakfast in bed. It was quite nice. Then Cayden woke up and he and Jared gave me my gift. It was a "Special LOVE Memory Jar". It was full of wonderful memories of our life together. It was a great trip down memory lane. We went to church with my family because my "soon to be" missionary brother was speaking in church. My parents bishop also asked if the Crabb family would sing on Mother's Day so we did. We sang Love Is Spoken Here and we all made it through without crying. After church we went back to my parents house for a bit and then headed out to the Stake Center so Matt could be set apart as an Elder. We took a few pictures while we waited for Matt and the Stake Pres. to come in. Spencer does everything his uncles do. Elder Matt Timmy and Cayden were pretty tired after a long day.



On Monday we hopped in the car SUPER EARLY to head to Utah. I was able to take time off work to drive out with my mom and Matt. Kimmy and Spencer followed in their car so they could stay in Utah longer.We stopped at McDonald's in Rawlins to stretch our legs

Cayden and Spencer wrestling on the hotel bed.
This was Cayden's first time in a hotel. He really enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed it better had he actually slept in the pack and play. But the boys did have a lot of fun running a muck.They really had a grand time splashing in the tub!
And we couldn't keep them away from the air conditioner!!!
Wednesday rolled around and it was time to take Matt to the MTC. It was so much harder to see him go than I could have ever ever imagined. He is so ready to serve but I was not ready to let him go. I know he will be a great missionary and he will dive right in and love doing the Lord's work. (side note: we did already get a letter from him and he said his first day went GREAT. And he was happy to report that his building does not have the "tree of life" showers.)

Matt, Thanks for setting such a great example for your nephews. WE LOVE YOU!!!!


Wednesday night my mom drove Cayden and me out to Stansbury Park so we could spend what little time we had left with Jared's mom. Cayden had a BLAST playing with his Grandma. I had a good time watching them play.

It was a fantastic week. I just wish I didn't have to go two years now without seeing my little brother. But I guess that's life.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

~LOVE TO ALL~

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Cute picture of Cayden with Grandma!
The MTC is always a bitter sweet experience.

Unknown said...

The MTC is a bitter sweet experience, but I was always glad when I went.

Glad you could get that chance too!

Cute Cayden!

Anonymous said...

the MTC no longer has "Tree of Life" showers

Julie said...

All the pictures with Cayden and Spencer are so cute!

Good luck Matt- you'll do great!