Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cars and Weeds

When I moved to Colorado I came without a car because mine died in Orlando. So when I moved here I knew I wanted to buy a car. After being here about 8 months I still didn't have a car. I spent a month in Florida and while I was down there I talked to my Granddaddy and he said he would co-sign on a loan so I could get a car. Two days after being home from Florida I went car shopping and bought "Stella" my 2001 Sunfire. I LOVE MY CAR. Other than we have never had to do anything major to fix it, until now. My dad borrowed it while I was in Utah and said that the battery light was on. The car kept running so we didn't bother with it. We though it was just the battery. Then last Sunday my brothers borrowed it and it died on them in the middle of the road. Luckily they were close to home so they just pushed it home. Now we knew it was the alternator. It would have cost us $700 to have a mechanic fix it. But my own personal mechanics were able to fix it for about $200. We had to put in a new alternator and battery. What a blessing it was something they could do.

GIANT THANKS TO: Jared for being willing to get down and dirty to save $500 bucks, Chris for finding Jared better tools, Mikey for getting down and dirty with Jared and helping Dad problem solve, Daddy for being the computer wiz/problem solver, and Timmy for sacrificing his Dave & Buster's mini baseball bat for the cause.

With everything that has been going on...hospital visit, missionary farewell, trip to Utah, Bronchitis, and lazy brothers...my mom and dad have not been able to get in the yard and start beautifying it. Cayden LOVES being outside and my parents have a fun backyard that he loves to play in. This week when I went to pick him up after work all he wanted to do was play in the backyard. Well, right now there are dandelions everywhere. And after Hurricane Cayden there will be many more. He loves to pick and blow the dandelions. Sorry Mom and Dad. We'll be over on Saturday to help get the yard back in order so that Cayden doesn't have anymore dandelions to blow.

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Haha, awesome. I love Cayden!

Jess said...

So glad they were able to fix the car fairly inexpensive. It does pay to know cars. It's amazing what they charge.

I love the picture of Cayden and the video with his cheeks trying to blow. He is so dang cute!
Give him big hugs for me. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Why are dandelions always kid's favorites?

Julie said...

Way to go handy mechanics!

Love Hurricane Cayden... such a cutie! I'm so excited to see him in a week and a half!