Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ice Cream Cones, Hiding Places, and Play Dates!

On Friday we went on a double date +1 with my mom and dad. They treated us to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. Its a yummy salad restaurant. After you eat your salad you can go get all sorts of other things too. They have a soft serve ice cream machine and tiny cones. We decided to let Cayden enjoy his first ice cream cone. It took him a minute to realize what to do but once he figured it out he did pretty well.




This is what he does when he says "brrrr"


After dinner we went home and got Cayden ready for bed. We were in our room and when Jared left the room Cayden decided he needed to show me his new hiding place from Jared. He went and crawled into our closet and just sat there. When Jared came back and started calling for him he just sat there and giggled. Then when Jared left I called him and he came right out. But when he heard Jared come back he promptly hid again giggling the whole time. It was quite the funny evening.



On Saturday morning Cayden and Spencer had a play date. I was invited to a Mary Kay party and invited my mom and sister, Kimmy, to come with me. So Jared stayed with the boys. (He told me later he was a little nervous because he hadn't had both boys by himself before.) But he was still alive when we got back. The boys were happy and playing in Cayden's room enjoying each other's company. Cayden was really upset when Spencer left. But he was ok when we told him after his nap he could play with Spencer again. When he woke up we took him to my mom and dad's house so they could watch him while we went to the temple. So it was a full day of play!!

For us, things are as good as they can be. We are just putting our faith in the Lord and doing what He wants us to do. We know that He will provide as long as we do what he asks.

We hope everyone is doing well! ~LOVE TO ALL~

3 comments:

Jess said...

He is such a cutie pie! I love the video of him eating his ice cream cone. What a stud.

I know that the Lord will bless you. We are praying hard for your sweet family too. I will let you know if I hear anything soon.

Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Love the video of Cayden eating the ice cream. That is HILARIOUS!

:)

Julie said...

He is so cute! I miss him!