Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cayden's First Birthday!

Last Sunday we had a small party for Cayden. We just had family over to join us in celebrating our little guy's first year. We had meatball subs for dinner and Cayden thoroughly enjoyed his.



Then we moved on to presents. Cayden caught on quickly to the fact that there was a toy inside the paper. He got pretty good at opening his presents.




Once we were done with presents we sang to him and ate some cake. I worked with him for a few weeks trying to teach him to blow. He got so close to blowing out his candle.


(Thanks kimmy and mom for helping me figure out how to do the cake and for coloring the frosting)





When Cayden first got his cake he, very nicely, picked off the frosting. Then I think he got bored with that and decided to just dig in.




My favorite part of the evening was after we opened and gave him the toy cars he got he ran to the kitchen to roll them on the kitchen floor. It was so much fun watching him explore and play with this new toys. I think he had a fun day. I just wish he could remember it. Oh, well.


Thanks to everyone who sent gifts, cards and wishes or called to say happy birthday. Even though Cayden didn't have a clue it meant a lot to us.


LOVE TO ALL!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. I'm very impressed that he didn't try grabbing the fire. He was very close at blowing out the candle, too- next year Cayden!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!
I can't help but wonder where the past year has gone...it seems like it was only yesterday we heard that Cayden was born.
What a fun part of our family!!

Jess said...

he is so fun! It was so awesome to see you guys again. I wish that it could have been longer, but every little minute is great. I seriously can't believe that he is one already. He is growing up so fast. You are awesome parents. He is one lucky duck. We love you Cayden! I can't believe he can almost blow out a candle. That is amazing.
Loves!

Unknown said...

Very cute cake! :) He did almost blow out that candle - thought he had it a couple of times.