Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.
At this time of year I always think about the things I'm thankful for. At our dinner table on Thanksgiving we have to say one thing we are thankful for. However, there is not just one thing I'm thankful for. So this year I think I'll write a few things I'm thankful for in my blog and share it with all of you.

I am thankful for...

  • A loving Heavenly Father who blesses me EVERYDAY
  • the atonement of Jesus Christ
  • the happiness of living the gospel
  • the knowledge of the true church
  • my temple marriage
  • forever families
  • fathers blessings
  • LOVE
  • a soccer ball that was kicked at my face over 3 years ago (I love you Jared)
  • a special, wonderful, loving husband who honors his priesthood
  • my husband who reminds me everyday that he thinks I'm beautiful
  • a perfect little boy who brings so much joy into my home
  • my mom and dad who raised me in a home full of love, fun, friendship, learning, and a little chaos
  • my big sisters and our closeness, friendship, and differences
  • big brothers that protected and took care of me as well as setting great examples
  • little brothers who helped (or forced) me to learn to share
  • late night talks and laughs with my sisters
  • late night talks with my parents on their bed
  • Grandparents who were as much a part of my life as my parents
  • family trips to Disney World and Sebastian Cove
  • my Granddaddy who never missed a soccer game
  • my Grandmommy who gives so much love I can feel it just thinking about her
  • the love of my nieces and nephews and the joy they bring to me
  • all of the lessons I've learned from my parents, grandparents, siblings, and husband
  • the mistakes I made and was able to learn from
  • my friend Megan who has always been and will always be there if I need her
  • food in my kitchen
  • shoes on my feet
  • clothes on my body
  • a roof over my head
  • my bed
  • warm blankets on my bed

My list can go on and on. I am so thankful for so many things that it would take me forever to write them down. But I hope that I never forget the things I'm thankful for. Sometimes I think I take for granted all the wonderful things I have in my life. My challenge to everyone is to take time today to jot down a few of the things you are thankful for. You might surprise yourself with how long your list gets. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!!!

~LOVE TO ALL~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

:)