Friday, November 14, 2008

The DAM

So I haven't had time to sit down and blog lately. Mainly because by the time I get home I don't feel like sitting on the computer for another 30min. or Jared is on the computer animating. But, today I don't have to work so I get to stay home and hang out with Cayden all day.


This morning was the perfect morning. I got to sleep in a little bit. Cayden woke up happy. But best of all we woke up to our first snowfall of the season. It is cold out but absolutely beautiful. I always forget how pretty it is right after it snows. It put me in a really good mood.

Ok, now for the DAM. On the first Saturday of every month the Denver Art Museum (DAM) is free for CO residents. I thought it would be fun to go this month since we hadn't been for quite a while. Jared and I always enjoy our time at the museum but this was our first time taking Cayden. He LOVED it. We took his stroller in with us but he just wanted to get out and walk around. It was fun to watch him explore. My favorite part was watching Jared walk around and share his love of art with Cayden. It was quite the fun Saturday. (The pictures are dark because I wasn't allowed to use the flash.)
Anyone hungry? Cayden wanted a snack after seeing this painting.
Jared showing Cayden some ancient artifacts.

Walking around trying to get into restricted areas.
This is Jared's favorite Monet in the museum.
Cayden at the "drive in"


I forgot to showcase this picture. For our Halloween Party we had some awesome food. In fact we went a little overboard and ended up with too much food. We had TONS of candy, I made a cake that was shaped like a pumpkin, cheese fondue, bone bread sticks, "magic wands", cookies, pumpkin shaped brownies, punch, hot chocolate with ghost peeps, and brains. Jared created the brains. We had two but were able to bring one home to enjoy later.
"Hello Clarice"
As far as life goes, we are doing well. Jared has applied to more animation positions and we are hoping to hear back soon. I keep praying it happens quickly so I can quit my job. Cayden is getting more teeth, which is always fun. He also loves to clap his hands, give kisses, and throw his hands in the air when he is done eating. If you ask him if he is all done up they go. Its so cute. One if his favorite songs is 'The Itsy Bisty Spider' when I say "out came the sun" he puts his arms up. It is so much watching him learn things. I just love being a mom. I can't believe he is almost a year old already. Time goes by SO fast.
Anyway, we hope all is well with everyone.
LOVE TO ALL!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Abby Someone...Abby Normal" Name the movie! Loved the brain watermelon.

The pictures at the museum are super cute.

Unknown said...

Julie! I finally know one - Young Frankenstein!

Cute pictures. Love the brain!

:)