Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh my , How time flies!

I swear that I just posted last week but with all that has been going on I guess I have fallen behind. We are doing well though. I'll try to go back as far as I can remember to catch everyone up.


EASTER!!!
Our Easter was nice. Jared and I decided not to do Easter baskets for each other this year because we are now pinching our pennies. Plus I had to speak on Easter Sunday so I was writing my talk and didn't even have time to enjoy the morning. We did have a nice breakfast together. It was Jared's fault that I had to speak in the first place. They had originally called to ask him to speak and he said he spoke when we moved into the ward in Oct. but then I guess they asked him if I had and he said, " No, would you like to talk to her?" I could have killed him!! So, I prepared a half decent talk to give as the last speaker. I have never had to be the last speaker before. I ended up only having 7 minutes to give a 15 minute talk. I spoke VERY fast!


Jared and me with our eggs we found in the hunt

After church we went to my parents house where we had dinner and an Easter Egg Hunt. My mom is the best. She has no grand kids yet and all of her children are over the age of 14 and she still hid eggs for us. She even had Easter baskets for everyone including Julie! Before the hunt Jared and I wanted to share our special treats that Jared made while I was writing my talk. He made fortune cookies. Each fortune cookie had a clue in it about us having a baby. My Mom and Chris got the ones that said, "Jared and Katie are having a baby!!" It was a fun way to tell everyone. Then we had the fun of making phone calls to the rest of our family to share the news.



Houdini trying to get to the food table for a small Easter snack

The next week went by SUPER fast and we found ourselves hanging out with my family again. I love having family close by. We were all just hanging out and somehow my Dad's glasses got brought up. I told my dad how I used to put them on when I was little and it felt like I was walking in a hole. SO of course then everyone wanted to see what it was like.....

Tim in Dad's glasses

Jared in Dad's glasses (they actually look like they could be his!)

Matt in Dad's glasses


After that we all went to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner. Needless to say it was quite the fun day.



This past week wasn't all that bad. Jared is closer to being done with school. And I put in my 2 weeks notice at my work. I've been having problems with my boss and constantly feeling unsupported by him and in the type of school I work in I can't go to work everyday feeling unsafe and unsupported. It has gotten to the point that when I voice concern for my safety I get yelled at. So after talking to my dad and Jared I felt comfortable quitting my job. So, I will go back to being a nanny which will be MUCH less stressful.



Tomorrow is my first doctor appointment! I'm excited but nervous. I hate going to the doctor, but I guess I'd better get used to it. Jared is going to meet me there. This is his finals week at school so I'm pretty much not going to see him. So if I have to go to the doctor to see my husband then so be it.



Jared is very ready to be done with this semester. He has done an AMAZING job balancing everything this semester. He is always worried that he won't get an "A" but I always am trying to tell him to trust in his abilities because he is GREAT at what he does. So, please keep him in your prayers this week so that he can make it through. After this week he only has 2 semesters left!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

OK, so I think I'm done because I'm feeling a little nauseous and need to eat.

LOVE TO ALL~Have a happy week~

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am glad to see that you posted again! It does seem like you just do it and 2 weeks have past. Craziness!

I am so excited for you and Jared and the new little one on the way. That will be so exciting. The first Dr.'s appt. is fun to have an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat. (or heart beep as Tayler calls it)

Good luck Jared with finals and congrats Katie for quitting a yucky job. They will miss you, but hopefully it will teach them a lesson.

Take care!

Unknown said...

Congrats on quitting a yucky job! I totally understand! It's scary, but you'll feel much better!!!

Tell Jared good luck on all his tests! He is amazing!!

Love you all!