Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Love

I just love our Christmas traditions. I love playing BINGO for fun. I love shopping for other people and wondering if they are going to love their gift as much as I hope they do. I love the feeling of giving and love that is all over the place. I love spending time with Family. I love reading of the birth of Christ on Christmas Eve and then singing carols with my family. There is just such a feeling that is so indescribable.

As we were driving to my parents house on Christmas Eve Jared reached over and held my hand. I thought my heart was going to beat out my chest when I said the simple words "I love you" to him. Its really amazing how much feelings can be amplified at this time of year.

Not only is my love for my family amplified but so is my love for my Savior. I teased my little brother for getting teary eyed while he sung Christmas songs. However, as I sat in church singing the words of Away in a Manger "Bless all the dear children in thy tender care" I couldn't help but cry. At the time I thought of Him protecting and blessing my sweet little boys but the more I thought about it I realized that that phrase encompasses ALL of Heavenly Father's children.

I am so thankful that our family is continually blessed and watched over. I know the Lord knows us and has a plan for us. I am so thankful for my knowledge and testimony of the gospel and the joy that it brings into my life. I am thankful that I chose to be sealed in the temple to someone as amazing as Jared.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and felt as much love as I did.

~Love To ALL~
P.S. as soon as we get out computer up and running I'll post Christmas pictures ;)

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Those were beautiful thoughts Katie, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Someone in our ward said that we love singing Christmas songs because we remember being among the heavenly hosts that sang at Christ's birth. I love that thought!

And love you guys too!

:)