Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas 2008

I know I'm way behind but I wanted to share our Christmas with you. We had a wonderful Christmas. We spent Christmas eve at my parents house. Jared and I decided to surprise my dad with something special. It's his family tradition to play bingo on Christmas eve. When we were out shopping on Christmas eve we came across a bingo set. It was on sale so we bought it along with some prizes. So we spent the evening playing BINGO. It was pretty darn fun. Then we read the Christmas story. After that it was time to go home and wait for Santa to come.


Christmas morning we woke up and opened stockings.It was so fun to watch Cayden He was so excited about everything.




Our Christmas Tree

After stockings we had breakfast. A few years ago Jared and I decided to combine our Christmas breakfast tradition. So we have oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, and scrambled eggs. It was quite the breakfast. I couldn't fully enjoy it because I was still getting over a stomach bug. But Jared and Cayden loved it! When breakfast was done we moved on to presents. It was so much fun watching Cayden open presents. Thanks to everyone who gave him one. He loved every present he got!! He is so good at opening them too. My favorite present this year was a painting that Jared did for me. He says its not quite perfected yet but when its done I'll post a picture of it. Its AWESOME! I cried when he gave it to me. He has never given away any of his artwork so it made me feel special that he made one for me.

Blocks from Grandma


Once we finished opening our gifts we got dressed and headed over to my parents house. We had such a wonderful day. It was so fun to have the family together. We played games all day and then had a very informal dinner. I wasn't feeling up to eating, some people weren't hungry when dinner was ready and some were so it was kind of a "the food is here if you want it" type meal. It was really strange not to sit down with everyone and eat but it was still a wonderful Christmas.

Our Christmas "mess"

Playing Apples to Apples

Now on to other things.....

We want to wish Jared's sister Jenny a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We hope you had a wonderful day. We love you so much!!!!

~Love To ALL~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like quite the full house!

Thanks again for letting me join you for Christmas, it was fun!